Pet & Animal Policies
A welcoming and safe environment is paramount to all of our residents. To help ensure ALL of our residents understand our pet and animal-related policies (No Pet and Animal Policy / Pet Policy / Animal Policy) we require EVERYONE to complete a third-party screening and review process. This process ensures we have formalized pet and animal-related policy acknowledgments and more accurate records to create greater mutual accountability. Please find the category below that best describes you to get started.
No Pets or Animals
This is a required application process for anyone that does NOT own a pet or animal. There is no cost ($) to you for completing the application process
This is a required application process for anyone that owns a household pet. This includes dogs and cats and might include pets that live in cages such as birds, hamsters, rabbits, snakes or fish tanks (because of the contained water) so please ask your housing provider for clarification regarding these types of pets
This process provides a HIPAA compliant and secure way of submitting a reasonable accommodation request for an assistance animal (service animals, emotional support animals, companion animals, etc.) that will be reviewed by a third-party legal review team to ensure the accommodation request meets HUD’s Fair Housing Act guidelines. There is no cost ($0) to you to submit an accommodation request. Please make sure you are aware of your State’s laws, if any, for submitting a fraudulent accommodation request
* NOTICE TO ALL RESIDENTS & APPLICANTS: Everyone must complete the screening process. This is not only for pet and animal owners but also for residents and applicants that DO NOT own a pet or animal.
Pet & Animal Policy
Tenant shall not have any mammals, reptiles, birds, rodents, or pet of any nature on or about the Premises with the exception of any pet that has been approved through screening. Some breeds or types of pets may be restricted and will not be approved.
This also includes animals, birds or pets of any nature of any guests, relatives, or invited parties to the Premises. “Pet-sitting or care taking” of any other person(s) animals, birds, or pets of any nature is prohibited. Feeding stray or unauthorized pets is also prohibited.
Tenant assumes all financial responsibility for damage caused by authorized/unauthorized pets.
Tenant agrees to the following conditions in consideration of the authorization of any pet to occupy the Premises and agrees that Landlord may revoke permission to keep pet on Premises by giving Tenant a written ten (10) days’ notice for violating any of the following conditions :
- Tenant agrees to keep pet under control at all times and obey all city ordinances related to keeping animals as well as any and all condominium and/or subdivision rules which may apply.
- Pet must be kenneled or crated whenever left home alone and not be left on carpet.
- If the pet is a cat, it may be required to be neutered and declawed. Tenant must provide and maintain an appropriate litter box.
- No animal shall be fed on unprotected carpeting within the Premises. Tenant shall prevent any fleas or other infestation of the Premises or other property of Landlord.
- If office receives any complaints that the pet becomes annoying, bothersome or in any way a nuisance to other Tenants or to neighbors or the community, Tenant will immediately, upon notice from Landlord, remove the pet from the premises.
- Permission to keep pets is restricted only to the particular pets described above and does not extend to any other pets.
- In multi-family dwellings, pets must be kept in Premises, on a leash, or carried at all times. Pets will not be allowed to run loose on grounds or other common areas.
- Landlord/Agent shall not be liable for any damages to person or property caused by Tenant’s pets and Tenant hereby agrees to hold Landlord/Agent harmless from such liability, assuming the same liability themselves.
- All pets must be properly licensed and inoculated for rabies and all other usual inoculations for that type of pet.
- Tenant agrees to be fully responsible for any damage caused to the property by the pets and for any and all wear and tear resulting from the pets and agrees to fully compensate the Landlord for any and all such damage or additional wear and tear including but not limited to:
- Cleaning up of ALL droppings deposited in the yard by the pets immediately following each incident.
- Filling in any holes in the yard and re-sodding as necessary to restore the yard and lawn to original condition.
- Replacing doors, screens, windows, window coverings, or any other items scratched, torn, damaged or soiled by the pets.
- Additional cleaning/duct cleaning or replacement of any carpeting or subflooring that has been damaged, soiled or stained or which has an odor as a result of the pets.
- Deodorizing and disinfecting any floor or wall or other surfaces with may be stained or have an odor as a result of the pets.
Powered by PetScreening